As horrible as Hurricane Sandy has been to those on the East Coast, I made it fairly unscathed. As I’m sitting at a friend’s apt in Brooklyn finally with power and a hot shower (Manhattan might be without power for days), there were some items that really made last night in the dark not too terrible.
To have a fun night with friends or a romantic date night during a power outage (hopefully to it won’t happen too many times this winter) stock up on these items – you will be happy you did.
1) The Zagg- an extra USB power source for when your phone is officially out of juice. Which is likely after reading a book using the kindle app. Go for book #2 with the Zagg!
2) A nice candle. I like dipytique. Adds a romantic vibe. This is really a time to splurge on one fancy candle – mostly for ambiance and to add some life to the room.
3) Battery operated candles – for practicality and for the bathroom.
4) Soft blankets. Snuggle!
5) Popcorn – pre-made.
6) Wine (of course) – multiple bottles.
7) Comfy socks. Never good to walk around barefoot in the dark.
Old school classic movies or an entire season of a television show you haven’t seen.